Purple Gallinule Gets a Treat

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

It still amazes me how those huge clawed feet can grasp a slender stalk with precise balance.

Specific Feedback

Whatever strikes your fancy.

Technical Details

D810, 200-500, f/5.6, 1/1250, ISO 320

This was a straightforward run through the gamut of the ACR tools and some TK sharpening.

You caught the purple really well here, not all photographs of them show it so well. Looks pretty determined to get whatever its after (seeds, flowers, fruit?) and yeah, those feet look just too awkward for words. They do manage though. I wish it was turned more to face you than it is. Bribery didn’t work? LOL. What an interesting bird.

Very cool shot with beautiful colors, Chris. I like the feeding behavior even though there’s not a good look at the eye. Those two little red stripes on the beak keep making it look like you somehow got a double exposure there!

I had lots of looks on this guy, but chose the one that displayed his behavior best. Eye focus is there, and it’s sharp, but the damn guy just wouldn’t pose for me. Weird how they are so selfish. :rofl:

He was in breeding attire and those stripes will make you crazy.