Putting your back into it! (Immature Bald Eagle)

Description:

This version was taken seconds after my first post and really like the poser. The position of the wings reveal the necessary torque that the feathers undergo when generating lift. I also cropped the image and like how the branches frame the eagle. Bald eagles are getting hit hard by HPAI (Avian Influenza) and I was fortunate to see over a dozen healthy eagles on that day.

Specific Feedback Requested: What do think about the crop?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D850, 200-400mm f4 set at 360mm (1/2000 sec at f7.1, ISO 800) Topaz DeNoise, Levels, Shadows & Highlights + Brightness and Contrast used on an adjustment layer set at 50% opacity, crop for comp. I chose this crop to provide some spaciousness around the eagle without crowding the edges…Jim
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jameszablotny

1 Like

Hi Jim
This looks like a very healthy young Bald Eagle. So far on the Eagle on the east coast, they are not having HPAI problem. I like the framing and the eagle wing action, I just would like to see the exposure on the Eagle’s under side and head brought up some.
Peter

1 Like

Great catch between the branches, Jim. And the wing angle works very well to frame the head nicely.

1 Like

I, too, like the wing position and how the branches nicely frame the eagle. I’d be tempted to clone out some of the middle branch that appears to be touching the eagle.

1 Like

I do think the framing on this one is even a touch better than your last post, Jim. The curved feather tips are always one of my favorite wing positions.

1 Like

Excellent high key effect on this one. I think I would also clone a few of the branches there touching the bird. I realize this is a personal choice and effects their environment.

1 Like