Queen Ann's Lace - Which is better?

I am presenting two images made from the same capture. The fist one gives a solid appearance, the second one has an ethereal feel. I would like to get a feedback from people which they prefer and why.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DIi + 180/3.5, hand held
f/11, 1/125, ISo 800
Canon DPP4 for RAW conversion, PSCC. Nik tonal contrast
(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Image 2 - processed in Nik high key filter

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ravi: I don’t see a great deal of difference between the two. I would choose image 1 only because the greens are slightly more saturated. I do like the composition. Richard

Hi Ravi

I like either, but prefer image two as I think the whites show better. Was this taken against the sky?

Thanks Kathy and Richard. It was taken against cloudy sky.

Ravi, both of these look very good. I like your POV and the overcast sky works perfectly. #2 is subtly more high key, so I’d say it’s up to you. BTW, I suspect that you could get a very similar result from #1 with some bright tone dodging…but why work harder when the software will do it for you… :smile:

Ravi: Number 2 definitely for me even though I do like the first also. On the second I think the higher key presentation looks more lively and dynamic to me. Well done on both. >=))>

Both are excellent. It depends on whether you want to showcase the structure (#1) or the flower (#2). I prefer #1.