Quick Pick

Green Heron gets another one!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, 200-500 @ 320mm, f/7.1, 1/4000 ISO 400

Hi Chris, really nice action capture. Love all the water drops and the minnow in the beak of the bird. Great pose of the bird. I’m wondering if this is a large crop as sharpness seems to be lacking on the bird and log.

Huge crop…was about thirty-five feet away and these are really small birds.

Wonderful action well caught! I think some NR could be good. The bird and log are sharp enough that you might be able to reduce highlights on the BG shore subtly.

The problem with noise reduction on a large crop is that you lose detail. It’s really a no win situation but I enjoy presenting these guys in their natural state so much, I just go for the best of both worlds. Don’t care for topaz at all and really haven’t found a denoising program that works all the great.

I like the action presented here and to my ancient eyes, the detail looks pretty good.

1 Like

Mine are getting right fuzzed up as I get older but I found a vitamin that my Ophthalmologist recommended that really helps for clarity: AREDS-2. You can buy it on amazon or at any drug store.

1 Like

Very nice, Chris. Great action and excellent detail in the heron.

1 Like

Excellent timing ! If you don’t care for NR, you may consider cropping a little less - enough to see still I’d say. Anyway, a great action shot ! Cheers, Hans