Rattlesnake grass

I found this arrangement last year that I thought was pleasing and a little different. The leaf is from a different grass and the tendril was a vetch.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D4, Canon 100mm macro, f/5, 1/320 sec, ISO 400. Small tripod, on my belly sliding backwards down a hillside. An impromptu focus stack, quickly ratcheting manual focus to try to get each grass head sharp. Hand masked in PS, and some low opacity cloning for a little BG cleanup.

2 Likes

Lovely photo Diane. Tender or subtle are the two words that come to mind. Nice simple subject in a nice simple environment. Grass seems so hard to photograph but you did a very nice job here. The only thing i wonder about is the little tendril at the very bottom. Good eye to see the possibilities.

Lovely image with green on green with subtle tonalities. I like the composition. Buds are sharp. Nice expression of interdependence in nature.

Really like how all the elements came together to produce this delicate still life type scene. The subtle details and color in the leaves add interest, as well as the tendrils on the bottom of the stem. Amazing what you find for your photos.

Diane: You put a lot of effort into this shot and it shows. Well seen, composed, captured and presented. :+1: :+1:>=))>