Tiny Treasure & rework

Rework ……

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is from over a year ago. This was a small patch of flowers, mainly daisies, but these really tiny ones were dotted among them, they’re so small they could easily be missed!

Specific Feedback

I know there’s a few brown bits of grasses at the bottom and then one directly behind the flower. This was the best angle I could get without tromping in the flowers! I cloned out part of the brown grass behind the flower but it wasn’t working to take it all out. Does it detract? I wanted to have the main focus on the flower and bud with a shallow depth of field and the daisies blurred in the BG but still recognizable. Wanted to achieve a soft, dreamy look. Any other critique is welcome.

Technical Details

Nikon D3400, ISO 200, 300mm (450 equivalent), f6.3, 500mm. Handheld and crouching as low as possible!

1 Like

Vanessa: I like the isolation of the flower against the BG and your DOF/POF management especially. I don’t mind the grass but the green stem exiting the frame on the right does grab my eye. I cropped this a bit tighter and made the green stem go away. Back to you. >=))>

1 Like

Hi @Bill_Fach . I like your crop. And looking at it again I do agree that the green stem was distracting. Thanks for your feedback and help on this one! I reworked it, what do you think?

1 Like