Ready to Pick + Repost

Pomegranite, almost ready to pick in our garden.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any comments are welcome. I am concerned about the background and composition and lighting.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any thoughts

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Olympus micro four thirds OMD MarkII, Olympus 12-100 lens with polarizer, 44mm, f/6.3, 1/13, iso100; tripod and diffuser.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A nice subject, but the pomegranate is a bit secondary in interst to the leaves. If you can get more directional lighting on it, and darken it a bit, it’s worth another try. Maybe include more of the other one in the BG??

Ann Louise: A really good capture IMO. Using the polarizer and the diffuser tamed any potential shine on the leaves and fruit. I like the comp as is although Diane’s suggestion of a slightly wider view would work also. Well done. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks Bill and Diane for giving me some suggestions. I went out and shot the pomegranate again today. I like this version better. This time I used my 60mm macro lens. It makes a nicer background. No polarizer but diffuser on left and right sides of fruit. Questions: Too much shine on the fruit? Is the yellow leaf on top too bright? All comments truly appreciated!
Ann Louise

Both images work. As a third… How about eliminating the secondary fruit from the first image. Just a thought .

Thanks, Patricia for offering another suggestion. I will give it a try!
Ann Louise

Ann Louise: I like the second image. I don’t think the shine is objectionable but it does serve as a good example of what a polarizer can do when compared to the first. I also edited your title to reflect the repost. It’s always a good idea so that others will know to revisit the post. Nicely done. >=))>

Thanks for your thoughts on the polarizer. This is the first time all summer I could see how it made a difference.