Ready to pop

From a tree along our street.

Specific Feedback Requested

Seeking any and all advice and comments. Thanks in advance.

Please view the large image!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Canon 80D, 1/80 s, f/8, ISO 400, EF 24-105mm f/4 @ 63 mm, CPL, HH.

Raw file processed in LRClassicCC and Topaz Denoise AI. TK resize/sharpening for web.

The background is a little messy and it’s a little dark, but the colors just pop, don’t they? I brought this into Ps for a crop on the central formation. I also adjusted exposure, clarity & white balance in Camera Raw. There I noticed some white fringing around the buds in the URC. Odd. I thought it could benefit from a bit warmer tone so I added a warming layer as well.

If you want to give it another go, maybe use a longer lens and stand farther away to throw the bg more out of focus. I think that would help make those flowers or buds stand out more clearly. Since this is close by I hope you give it a go. Do the flowers smell good? I’m not familiar with this plant at all.

Yes, the local Redbuds are beginning to show nicely, although not quite as far along as these. This is a good looking cluster. Unless it’s a specimen tree, these are forest edge shrubs, so getting a clean background is hard. In this case, you could do some local burning-in on the brighter background stems and a bit of dodging on the Redbuds to get more separation between subject and background.

BTW, the new beginnings challenge ended last Saturday night.

Thank you @Mark_Seaver and @Kris_Smith for your comments. Kris, thank you for pointing out the fringing. I thought it might have been due to sharpening, but was actually due to an over-aggressive darkening in HSL of LR. I will be more attentive to that in the future.