Red-bellied Woodpecker, male

This was taken today at my backyard set up. A bird that rarely comes in for me. Attracted by peanuts.

Specific Feedback Requested

I cropped in this tight to avoid distractions mainly on the left. That is all the room I have on bottom in the original image. Is it too tight given the above constraints?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C, tripod
ISO 400, f10, 1/1000s

@allensparks.wildlife

I like the image as is, Allen. Great portrait of an impressive bird.

Very nice frame. I like the dark background ver much. It is a bit tight on the bottom. Maybe a bit of content aware canvas might help?

Beautiful portrait! He was posing for you, for sure! I think a bit more on the bottom would be nice – worth a look at content-aware fill. It can be amazing sometimes.

Well composed with excellent detail and color. No issues with saturation. I like the dark background. But I agree with Keith that there could be a little more space on the bottom.

Hi Allen
Sometimes I like to a viewer not critic, the framing work for me. My eye follows up the Woodpecker’s back to the head-turn and eye. Nice photograph.
Peter

An excellent image, Allen, but as regards composition, I think just a sliver more on the top would help.

He is beautiful, Allen. I love the head turn, and how you captured those beautiful feathers on his back.