Red Breasted Nuthatch on Mossy Perch

I don’t know if this works or not because of complicated perch. We certainly get a lot of moss in the Pacific Northwest due to the rainfall. This mossy area was in my yard and I was fortunate to catch the Nuthatch on this perch.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 1200, 200-500 at 500 mm, F6 .3, 1250th, Nikon D 500, 50% of full frame

1 Like

David this works nicely indeed. I might consider cropping a bit from the bottom, but that’s a nit. What a cool shot of a nuthatch…Well done.

cheers,
David

Really cool David! Must have rained just before you shot this. A extremely minor nit that you may have no control over - the birds head turned slightly towards you, would make the connection a bit stronger

Good detail and color. Nice to see one right side up. I like the mossy perch, seems to go well with a nuthatch. The background works well with both perch and bird.

Hi David! This is a nice nuthatch portrait. I don’t think the moss detracts. You’ve captured excellent colors and detail on the Nuthatch with a good complimentary background. Nice work!

The whole image works for me. If the “complicated perch” is good enough for the nuthatch, then it should be, and is, good enough for me. Excellent.

A cute little bird on an amazing branch. I like the moss and I think you’ve done a great job of the composition. The diagonal perch is very appealing. Gorgeous colours throughout.

Beautiful, David. I love the perch and the way the lichen fills the whole bottom of the frame.