Red Clover, frosted

It froze last week and a few remaining flowers close to the ground were frosted.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon R6 + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/4.5, 1/160, ISO 1000
shallow dof used to blur the background. 58 Stacked images
Raw conversion with Canon DPP4, images assembled in Zerene stacker
PSCC, background darkened

6 Likes

Wonderful! I love the unusual view and the detail!

Gorgeous, Ravi. Beautiful soft colors and details. Nicely seen.

Sorry so late to this one, Ravi. I bookmarked it to return when I had more time, but forgot. :woman_facepalming:

Anyway, everything here works so well. The unusual perspective and the frosty goodness most of all. So much detail, but there is some delicacy too in the way the colors are showing and that the flower is still hanging on. I think the choice to darken down the whole background works for this.

Great composition and good use of technology. With the stem coming from above, I had the feeling it was upside down, so I rotated it, darkened the background even move and added a little of vibrance. What do you think?
Don

Thanks Diane, Linda, Kristen and Don for you comments. Don, I like the darkening of the background. Compositionwise, the stem at the bottom works, but gives the impression that you are looking at the leaves upright. When the stem is on the top, it gives the impression that you are looking down on it, which it was. Interesting how perspective changes with image rotation. Thans for doing the rework.

1 Like