Red Fox Kit

While photographing red foxes in western Washington, it seemed our photography opportunities had dried up after the sun went down. It was approaching 10pm when one of the fox kits wandered up the sloping prairie. I realized that if I got as low as possible (on my belly), I could barely get a silhouette against the suddenly pink sky.

Canon 1DXII
Canon 600mm
ISO 800
1/400th
f/5.6

Max

@maxwaughphoto
2 Likes

Wonderful image! Paid to hang in there.

1 Like

The turned head, pointed ears and colorful sky make a great photo, Max. Yes, persistence does pay off, there’s a fine mix of intensity and peace here.

1 Like

A great example of why you don’t pack until it’s black. Excellent silhouette and color. A scroll crop to eliminate the upper sky looks good to me.

1 Like

A really nice silhouette shot, Max! The colors are striking and the sharpness of the fox really sets it apart from the background. Good thing you decided to hang around!

Oh! This is so good. Understated but strong. Your fox has given you the ideal pose set just above the grasses.

The sky is beautiful, but there could be another version of the image with less sky on the top.

Patience is a virtue…at least for photographers.

1 Like