Red Fox Kits

I photographed these two in my yard last June, but I was never happy with the photograph, or the way in which I processed it. My processing and photography skills have improved somewhat (though I have a ways to go), so I reprocessed it. And, I didn’t have Topaz De-Noise in my arsenal at that time. Just wanted some opinions on what folks think of this photo.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any. I’m sure my shot settings selections could have been better.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom
f/6.7
1/750 sec.
ISO 1000
Hand Held
Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure, sharpness, and cropping. Topaz De-Noise applied.

1 Like

How cute! What’s not to like about young foxes and so close? I think it’s funny how the ones tail is draped over the others back! They look very curious, like they’re exploring for the first time. Were you able to get other poses?

1 Like

Hi, Vanessa. Yes, I captured many poses of these two. Some of them, the image quality is not what I wish it was, some of them just need to be processed again, since I have improved software and skills. Here is another favorite of mine, but the quality of the photo is not what I wish it was.

1 Like

That’s so hilarious! Thanks for sharing! Maybe you’ll get to have some new babies to photograph this year as well and get some photos you’ll like more. These still are a great look into their lives!

Very fun!! I also love the draped tail – youngsters of so many species are so playful, cute and trusting. I’ll add my wishes for more opportunities for you.

We have foxes in our area but have never seen them. I would love to be able to observe a den but I suspect they wouldn’t tolerate people, out here in the country.

1 Like