Red Fox with kit

Repost:

Finally saw the kits this evening from across the field. Here is one kit with the adult.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C, tripod
ISO 1600, f6.3, 1/400s

2 Likes

Nice one. I like that they are both looking straight at you/the camera. Great eye contact.

Beautiful frame, nicely executed ! Photographing young animals is always special.
If you have some more canvas on top, it would be better to include top end of BG plants and you may darken the foreground grasses, if you like.

Allen, what a nice blessing, to have these fox around, and to get a chance to photograph not only the adult, but the young as well. I really like how you seem to have both of them’s undivided attention. Very nice. I like @JRajput suggestions. Sounds like it would improve an already excellent image.

@David_Bostock @JRajput @Shirley_Freeman
Thank you for the comments!

See second image above for a repost taking Jagdeep’s suggestions into account. Thanks!

2 Likes

The repost is fabulous! Another thing I would try is to fill in the dark space just under mom’s chin. It makes her look like she’s got a beard! What a great moment to witness. They’re both just so riveted on you. Those bright eyes and perked up ears!

Gorgeous capture and very nice improvements in the RP. What a wonderful experience to be able to photograph them!! The kit is so cute!!

The adult is introducing Junior to humankind; I’m sure you set a good example, Allen. Agree with all the above comments. You’re giving us some great fox shots!

Happy to see that repost! The tops of the grasses create such a nice texture and pattern to fill the top third of the frame.