Red Light District

Another Texas wildflower display. One of my favorite prints. This is from 2005 and shot on Velvia. I sometimes miss the challenge and reward of shooting film in general and Velvia in particular. It was an exacting taskmaster but I learned so much about single capture. All comments welcome.>=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Minolta M7
Minolta 20mm @ f22
Fuji Velvia

5 Likes

A classic color combination and the Velvia really does it justice. You composed it very well - the lupines are framed by the paintbrush nicely.

Amazing color and color contrast. Very nice!!!

Beautiful sea of flowers. I loved the original Velvia 50, before it went away and came back. Demanding on exposure but what a gorgeous palette it would render. It did teach a photographer about exposure, very little margin for error. Really nice image.

A great entry for sure! And yeah, Velvia. 'Twas nice film. The richness it had is on display here. The little slice of sun in the foreground is pretty sweet.

This is another amazing collection of wildflowers, Bill. Yes, shooting slide film was challenging training for using the entire frame carefully and getting the exposure exactly right.

1 Like

A beautiful display of wildflowers, Bill. Back in the days of slide film, you had to get that exposure right. You did it just right on this one. Love the mix of colors.

Bill, you know this one works for me being Velvia… :clown_face:
Actually I think we all do our best to post process for as normal a look as we can recall or is even possible in the end. I can truly see how this would be one of your favorite prints too. Not only for the exploding color but finding a field this lush has got to be a real positive fond memory outing as well… :+1: :+1:

Hi Bill
This is one of those photograph I have tried and never quiet figured out were to place the focus point. You did a great job.
Peter
Ps
My first camera was a Minolta.