Red Paper Wasp On Limb

Our Wisteria bush is starting to bloom, and so attracting a few things worthy of pointing my camera at. The weather is gorgeous here today as well, so I spent a few minutes out there shooting.

Specific Feedback Requested

I cropped this in some (I was shooting 1:1, so I couldn’t get closer) to crop out some distracting items. Composition look okay?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Shot with Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 100 mm f2.8 L lens at f16, 1/125, ISO 200 (manual settings), with KX-800 twin flash with diffuser, HH. Edited in LR and Topaz AI Clear.

2 Likes

Wonderful, Shirley. Love how the branch comes in at a diagonal and the wasp is coming right at you. The detail in the bee is great and the OOF background works very well in emphasizing him.
Glad to hear able to enjoy some time outside on a beautiful day. Great job.

1 Like

Excellent job on the color and detail. Well composed.

1 Like

Hi Shirley, this is a really striking image of that red paper wasp. Its as if he was posing, waiting for you, saying, “Hey Shirley, come look at me. Aren’t I handsome?” :laughing:. All the important parts are in focus, love the angle of the branch with him on it, and no distracting background. Nice work!

1 Like

Shirley, the details in the wasp are excellent, as are it’s colors. The hints of purple flowers in the back are a fun, spring touch.

1 Like

Shirley: One of my least favorite subjects so it’s hard for me to be complimentary but this is a terrific capture. Hope some butterflies show up near you soon. :wink: Really well done. >=))>

1 Like