Red-tailed hawk, juvenile

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We came across a hawk this morning at a local community gardens in a nearby state park. I believe s/he is a red-tailed juvenile. The hawk was busy surveying the landscape and paid us little attention. This gave an opportunity for us to catch various poses and Fall backgrounds.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III
ISO 2500, f7.1, 1/640s, hand held

Good detail and nice poses. My favorite is the close-up.

Really nice series of images Allen! I like them all. The two tone BG in the first is awesome as well. Very nicely done!!

Hi Allen
Photographing this Red-tailed Hawk, must have made your day. (very nice series)
Peter

You got some wonderful poses from him/her, Allen. Excellent detail and I like all the compositions. Well done.

Hi Allen,

A very nice series. I especially like the first one with the wings partially flared out. The second has an ideal head turn and the third is one of the most common poses redtails use while waiting for prey. The last one is an ideal portrait and like the others has rich details coupled with a weakly patterned, soft BG. I might warm it up slightly to get it ready for printing. Awesome series…Jim