Reflections on rock

Sometimes it is challenging for me to determine where “reality” begins and ends. The truth is, the transient reflections on the surface of the water of the sky above are just as “real” as the solid bedrock stream bottom but juxtaposing them calls that into question.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/160, f/6.0, 80mm, ISO2500 with adjustments to tone curves in LR

2 Likes

Quite an interesting image John. The sky reflections appear to be floating above the rocks. Well seen.

Hi John. This one definitely has a sci-fi feel to it. The dual dimensions of sky and earth, blue and yellow work well together.

I love it. Well seen and shot. I am enjoying the lines in the rock and the lines of the reflected sky as they move across the image. This is a keeper.

John,

You could tell me I was looking at rocks under water, ripples and reflections… 10 times, and I still might not understand what I’m looking at! And that’s great and fits right in with the definition of nature’s abstracts. This is just way cool.

Personally, I like a square crop of the bottom half; a few repeating patterns and such. Given the tall format though, it makes me think of some modern, cozmo tile design where golden trim and fixtures would accent the tile in some exotic room… But then maybe my imagination is a little off kilter…

Lon