Repost Autumn trees in fog

REPOST

ORIGINAL

Inspired by all very good autumn-trees-in-fog images posted by others, I revisited a foggy image and made some updates on my previous post-processing and cropping. This is the result.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

This fits very well with the recent fall images posted! Those green corners are a natural vignette, and the fall color is a nice sweep through the rest of the image. My preference is for just a touch more contrast to see those trees better, but not so much as to lose the mystery. Here’s a rough attempt at that thought:

That is an interesting observation @John_Williams, and I think they add to the composition as well. Ola, I agree with John that a bit more contrast or de-haze could help bring out some of the shapes of the trees better. But only add a little, you don’t want to risk losing the near/far, sharp/soft look. The WB here looks good to me. Ola, I also think you could also get away with bumping color saturation slightly, but that is a matter of subjective personal taste, and it depends what kind of mood you are trying to portray.

Ola, this is a beautiful image, it pairs nicely with the other foggy autumn photos posted recently. I also agree with John and Ed on adding a bit more contrast to bring out the details in the trees. Other than that, the post-processing looks spot on!

The top half of the image is spot on for me. I’m going to go against the grain as I would be inclined to crop the bottom. The greenery is a natural vignette but it has too much visual weight for me. My personal preference would be to go with a 16:9 aspect ration and loose some of the bottom of frame.

@Ed_McGuirk , @John_Williams , @Vincent_Petro and @Nathan_Klein thanks for your kind comments. I have updated the post-processing based on your advise, a repost has been included above. Nathan, your comment on the the green parts in the foreground has expanded my thinking, but I finally decided I prefer to keep them.

1 Like

The rework looks good Ola. The little extra bit of definition and color in the trees helps IMO.