Resilient

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G-II @ 160mm
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f11
The tough part about this challenge for me is selecting the best of my bud and bloom shots. This is one I particularly like because this is my favorite of Chrissy’s roses. She had to do a major rehabilitation effort on it this past year and it has come back stronger than ever. All comments welcome. >=))>

This is beyond gorgeous Bill. From Chrissy’s green thumb to your amazing photographic abilities. Can’t possibly imagine changing anything…I would love a 3’x3’ print on my wall. Very nicely done and a great example of big and small.

So glad that Chrissy was able to rehab this rose, Bill. Sure is a beauty. I always enjoy seeing the bud with a bloom. Very nice.

Gosh Bill, I’m sorry I made it so hard… :wink: This is a lovely pair with both of them having a nice glow and just enough greenery to put them in context.

@Bill_Fach, I love this color of rose. It’s lovely with the bud and the contrasts of the sharp, light rose and dark, out of focus background. I can spend hours in a garden, but I don’t think my outcomes are so striking.

This defines gorgeous – both the rose and the capture – and the colors are wonderful. I hesitate to even offer any thoughts, but for me, I think a slight burn of the stems and the leaves on the left would make it even more cosmic. I’d consider removing the details along the bottom edge and probably the orphan stem.

A beauty for sure. I like the contrasting colors and the bud really adds a lot to the image. Well done.

Both the flower and the bud are gorgeous, Bill! This is a very well designed and perfectly executed shot! The dark background really sets off the brilliant colors and light of the flowers. I wouldn’t change a thing and if it was mine I would print it and hang it on a wall. It would really lighten up a room!