Roadrunner Portrait

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Haven’t been out to shoot for awhile. Messed up my knee (again) so going through some old files and trying to find old shots I never processed when I ran across this one.

Technical Details

Canon R5
600mm f/4
1/6400 @ F/7.1
ISO 1600
taken from hide

2 Likes

Sorry about your knee. Hope it heals soon and you can get back out there.

This is a nice portrait to dig out of the archives. I’ve never seen one of these guys except on Saturday morning TV (ha!) so it’s nice to have such detail in the face and feathers. The alert look and engaging eye contact is really nice.

Superb!! Wonderful detail and colors! They do evoke cartoons. I’ve never gotten close enough to one to really appreciate it so grateful to see this lovely portrait!!

Best wishes for the knee! I’ve messed one up several times and it has always recovered, although it can take time. Strong muscles are the best help.

Great portrait, Kurt. I like the standup crown. This has a wonderfully blurred background too. Nice!

Bummer about the knee, Kurt, but I’m glad you found this. I’ve never come anywhere near this close to one. Gorgeous portrait and a perfect background for this species.

Kurt: beautiful color and detail agains an ideal background.

Hi Kurt, great details of a really cool species. Love the raised head feathers and the BG is quite pleasing. I’d love a shot of one of these and they are present in upper Arkansas (Ozarks) but to date I have none. Hope your knee heals quickly.

Nice shot Kurt. Glad you were able to go back through and work on some of your previous shots. I really like the raise crown and the detail of the eye. Great BG too. Hope your knee heals well and soon.

Wonderful species to photograph as a portrait. Very nice pose and the subject is placed ideally in the frame with a buttery smooth BG. Awesome shot and hope that your knee recovers quickly…Jim

Terrific portrait of one of my favorite birds, Kurt. The tufted fluffed up head feathers add a gorgeous touch to this bird and that background just sets it off. The colors are spot on. Well done, Kurt.