Rufous

Critique Style: Standard

The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.

Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive

About This Image

I got this capture of a female rufous showing off her fine tailfeaters.

Feedback Requested

To me, the star of the show is the tail feathers. I thought it was okay to have the subject facing away for it. What say you?

Technical Details

Z9, 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4TC, monopod, 1/2500th, f9, 1125mm, ISO 25600, cropped to 3079 x 2475.

1 Like

I think it’s a beautiful image and the tail feathers are the star. You got its eye and a bit of a side angle makes up for it facing away. I was struggling last week with a pink faced lovebird that has the most beautiful teal tail feathers and was facing the same issue as you.

Hi Dave, good view of the colors and patterns of the backside and tail of this beauty. Sure, an over the shoulder head turn would be ideal but this accomplishes what you describe.

Super capture, and I agree that the tail feathers justify the looking-away pose. Wonderful BG too!

An excellent view of the flared tail, Dave.