Sand in the Eye

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A found sedimentary stone on the beach nestled among a couple of smaller pebbles after a wave receded. Late afternoon light gives a warm glow to the photo. I liked the simplicity of the composition and the small deposit of sand in the “eye” of that stone.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts or feedback on the composition is much appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon 60D, Tamron 18-200 mm @ 200mm f11 at 1/20 sec, ISO 100, on a tripod.

4 Likes

Beautiful soft colors, Youssef. Love how the lines in the sand are also reflected in the larger stone. Nicely seen and captured.

A beautiful composition, Youssef. I really like the organic shape of the sedimentary stone and the colors of the other two work very well with it as does the color of the sand. The only change I might make is to bring down the highlights on the center stone just a bit. A great find and very well photographed and processed.

The golden light truly elevates this scene, accentuating the textures and warm hues of the Sand and stones. It’s interesting how the main object, appearing as though it has been sculpted by the sea, occupies the center, rendering the composition harmonious and encouraging a closer look. Nice work, Youssef! :clap:

I really like the lines and shapes in this simple, very well composed image Youssef. Wonderful.

Youssef: Great find for sure and a fine comp. Excellent edge to edge sharpness with terrific texture in the sand. Pretty darn good color palette as well. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks all for the feedback. It is much appreciated and I am always surprised by how I underestimate some of my photos as worthy of any praise at all, and then to get an Editor’s Pick, just humbles me. Thank you again.