Seen up close

The orobanche is a parasitic plant in the legume fields. I think it is the last flower I have taken in the last one and half year before my wife arrived at the end of her street. I am still empty of motivation but photography is a real passion and I know that soon or later I will again taken the reflex in my hands. The reason for posting a photo is to have the opportunity for wishing to all a splendid coming year and to express the pleasure I always feel looking at your photos that are more and more beautiful.

D850, Nikkor 200mm - 0.8 sec, f/20.0, ISO 200. tripod. (Rimini, Italy)

3 Likes

What a happy surprise to see you posting Gigi. Sincerely hope to see more of your work in the New Year. Have missed your beautiful images and thoughtful comments. I understand, all too well, how the loss of a loved one can limit motivation but filling that void with the beauty in the world helps the recovery process. Wish you a great New Year.

Have never seen this particular plant but your rendition gives it beauty even if it is a parasitic weed. As always great detail and beautiful lighting.

Gigi: What a delight to end the year with a post from you and anticipating more to come in the New Year. I love how you’ve taken what some might consider an unlovely subject and made a wonderful image. Superbly crafted as always. May your memories be sweet and may joy begin to dawn for you again in 2020 and beyond. >=))>

Gigi, first of all, I am so sorry for your great loss. I can only imagine how it has took the motivation to go out to shoot, but hopefully you will regain it soon. I really like this bloom, and how you presented. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. May you find 2020 to be a blessed year for you, and begin even to enjoy your passion for photography and find it to even help you.

Hi Gigi,

I’m sorry about your loss, but it is good to see your work again at NPN. Your high key presentation is elegant and I always look forward to seeing your posts as they are very unique. Welkl done and Happy New Year…Jim

Fantastic and very artful rendering. Lovely to see some of your work again, Giuseppe. This one almost looks like a watercolor. May the beauty of flowers bring you comfort in 2020.

So nice to see you posting again, Gigi, and so sorry to hear of your loss. As ever, this is a beautifully crafted image, and I do hope you will find the motivation again soon to return with more of your lovely images.