Sentinel

Its no easy to get near. One of them gets alerted and starts watching the approaching lens. Late evening, and almost dart conditions.

6DII, 70-200 F4L, Exten, Raynox, F 18

Balan Vinod

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

“And now for my close up.” Wonderful image, Balan. I love the sideways look. Great detail in the head and eye. Awesome.

Wow, Balan, that is “in your face” closeup. So glad you were able to capture this and come okay. Wasp can sting/bite over and over, unlike honey bees. The position of the nest and the wasp really makes for a great composition and the BG really makes the wasp stand out nicely. Wonderful details in most of the nest and all of the wasp. I wonder if you could crop that top part of the nest that is oof and not lose any of the foot of the wasp, or put him too close to the edge at the top of the frame. I find it pulls my eye to it once my eyes found it. Great shot! I would be thrilled to call this mine.

Fantastic shot, Balan. Can’t add anything that hasn’t already been said, but this is just totally awesome - as David said!

A super “right angle” pose - unusual and very successful.