Seventy Six Seconds In Time

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was looking out at the Atlantic; one morning before sunrise; during a stay at Cape Henlopen SP in DE. It was one of those quiet peaceful mornings that you wish would last a bit longer. I had the beach to myself; at least until the crowds of people arrive in a couple of hours. I hope the peaceful mood comes across to everyone.

Specific Feedback

Your thoughts are always welcome so anything you notice please mention it.

Technical Details

Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @32 mm, f 18 @ 76 sec, ISO 400, two stop ND filter, cable release & tripod.

1 Like

Ed, the restful/peaceful stands out well here. The touches of subtle pink make a fine, gentle contrast with all of the blues. I do wonder how some dodging of the dark water along the horizon would look as that area feels “heavy” relative to the rest of the view.

1 Like

Ed: Peaceful indeed and wonderfully conceived and captured. I like the contrast between the deep blues of the ocean and the soft pastels of the sky. Nicely done.>=))>

1 Like

Ed, the pastels in the sky are mesmerizing., especially as they contrast very well with the deep blues in the ocean. Somehow, though, my brain keeps wanting to see more sky and less ocean. Could it be the horizon right in the middle of the frame that’s tricking me? I agree with @Mark_Seaver about some dodging in the dark water to create a gradual transition. It’s a beautiful and very evocative image.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions @Mark_Seaver, @Bill_Fach and @EgĂ­dio on this image; much appreciated.

@Mark_Seaver : I hear you on the dark area being a little heavy in relation to the rest of the scene. I tried dodging it and wasn’t able to get it evened out. I will give it another go and hopefully come up with something better.

@EgĂ­dio : Unfortunately the raw file has much more water , but no additional sky. I have others taken after this one with more sky and less water, but the SS were much shorter so the mood is a bit different.