Shapes Shifting

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We’ve had hard overnight freezes for a couple of nights. While they haven’t been hard enough to completly cover my pond with ice there have been some interesting shapes around the edges. For this one, I was attracted to the mix of shapes in the ice along with the colors from the leaves on the bottom.

Technical Details

R5, 180mm macro, 1/10 s, f/9, iso 200, tripod. A 20 shot stack for edge to edge sharpness.

2 Likes

Beautiful, I really like the diagonal, and how the two halves of the image are so starkly differentiated by the textures, yet so unified by the colours. It’s one of those images that needs to be seen at large size to appreacite it, I can picture this as a very large print edge to edge in a simple black frame, and it would work pretty much against any background other than orange.

Very well done, nice colors and shapes, beautifull abstract!

Mark, this one has a great visual design with the strong diagonal line and layers. The colors are absolutely beautiful. I’m glad you didn’t position the diagonal from corner to corner. I don’t really have any suggested corrections. This has many great qualities that make it an engaging abstract. Thank you.