Shelter

My favorite from 2022. As is usually the case for me, I came upon this scene after putting all my gear away and heading back to my car.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome

Technical Details

1 Like

Beautiful image David. It’s got lots of emotion. There’s a small bright speck near the bottom in the middle that I would burn or clone. Great B&W, love the rim light on the tree.

1 Like

Thanks @AndreDonawa! I fixed and reuploaded.

Beautiful scene, great light and nice B&W conversion.
It seems, that the left edge of the image is less interesting than the right one. If there is anything more in the file, I’d like to see a bit more at the right side and crop at the left. This will bring the tree off-centre as well.

1 Like

I really enjoy this photo. The lighting couldn’t be better. I like how the tree is backlit a little to bring your eye to it.

1 Like

Wonderful!! Interesting idea from @Han_Schutten, but somehow, for me, energy is flowing from the more empty left side toward the right, with the lean of the trees and the brush of light, and the fact that it rather abruptly truncates on the right works for me. The smaller area of light on the edge is burned to just the right degree to make it secondary but still very interesting. I can see why this is a favorite!!!

Super Great image. Love the vignette and the B&W. The power of the single tree.
Steve

Thank you @Han_Schutten @Diane_Miller @David_Starr @Steve_Rosendahl for your wonderful feedback. It is much appreciated.