Show me the fish!

Taken from my yard.

What technical feedback would you like if any? 150 feet from subject, looking up, trying 2X extender

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 320, 800mm, f5.6, 2500th, A7R4, handheld, 40% full frame

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

He’s a real beauty, David. I don’t think I have ever had the privilege to see one of these in person, much less to point my camera at it. I like how the limb above him seems to help frame him in. The open space to the right gives him freedom to flee if he needs to. Great shot.

David: Like Shirley I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kingfisher in person. Wonderful environment and really good technique to handhold that rig and get such good sharpness. Kudos to the A7r4 image stabilization and to your steady hand. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Kingfisher’s are notoriously shy and hard to approach, David. That makes this view special.

Wow, David, my son and I were chasing kingfishers twice last week while kayaking local salt water estuaries. Not once did I get close enough even for a quick grab shot, so really envious of your backyard catch. This is a fine view of a belted kingfisher in a very appealing pose; exposure and details are right on and I like the inclusion of the pine tree details to show habitat.