Silent Drift

I photographed this large collection of autumn leaves floating along the south fork of Bishop Creek years ago during one of our CANP gatherings at that time. I figured this might make a challenging puzzle with the amount of elements involved.

Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Mamiya “C” 127mm - Hoya CP - Velvia 50

Mark, I pulled down blue and cyan a bit more overall…:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Paul, this would make a lovely, hard puzzle. It is beautiful! What an outstanding collection of aspen leaves. My one very minor thought would be to reduce the blue in that sliver of upside down leaves along the RHS.

1 Like

Paul: A challenging puzzle for sure and a wonderful find and capture. Most excellent.>=))>

1 Like

Paul,

Awesome first entry for this week’s WC. What a beautiful collection of autumn aspen leaves. Ya know, it makes me think back… how a scene like this would be photographed with the 4x5… Tilt and shoot… pretty easy eh? :laughing:

I would agree with backing off the blue and in general making this warmer. But then again, cold, morning light… no sun… this works beautifully as presented.

Could be a competitive week… A great start with this one.

Lon

1 Like

Lon, thanks for the comment and yes, “4x5 f64 and be there”. Actually, although Preston and I both had our 4x5’s on this annual gathering back then we were poking around this morning with our MF units. Small enough area and stopped down enough seems to have worked well in the end. But, no doubt would be much easier with the 4x5 with overall coverage and resolution…:sunglasses:

Paul, the extra touch of warmth is subtle, but adds nicely especially along the right edge.

1 Like