Simply a beautiful day

I often look for the relationships between trees and sky and found this to be particularly satisfying.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/500, f/11, 55mm, ISO100 with adjustments to tone curves, cropping and sharpening in LR

1 Like

hey John, sorry I missed this one. So much activity that I’m having a hard time keeping up and I really connect with winter scenes, so I want to comment even if it’s late.

The line of trees seems like they might be marching up the back side of the hill since the base of the trunks isn’t visible. I want to hike right up and check it out. We don’t have a lot of blue sky in winter here and I really like the combination of clouds and clear. I wonder if the whites could be pushed more though. One trick I’ve started to use when processing winter photos is to change the frame in Lr to white rather than a shade of gray. This helps me evaluate whether I got the right brightness level. Just a thought. A really intriguing winter landscape.

@Kris_Smith I like this idea. Thanks. It is gray here today but we have had some exceptional skies of late and now new snow too!