Sitting by the Dock of the Bay


Hooded Merganser


Great Blue Heron


Great Blue Heron


Spotted Sandpiper

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Actually the river. All were taken within 21 minutes from the docks at the marina on the Siuslaw River in Florence, Oregon while the sun was setting.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 mm
1/1000 at f7.1, - 1 1/3 EV; ISO 3200 at 500 mm
1/1000 at f7.1, -1 1/3 EV; ISO 2500 at 500 mm
1/1000 at f7.1, -1 1/3 EV; ISO 640 at 300 mm
1/1000 at f5.0, -1 1/3 EV; ISO 2500 at 135 mm
1/1000 at f7.1, -2/3 EV; ISO 1600 at 500 mm

Hi Allen
Nice series of photographs. The Kingfisher and the Spotted Sandpiper are my favorites.
Peter

1 Like

Looks like a very productive location, Allen. I agree with Peter on favorites. I like the merganser a lot, but it’s head kind of blends with the background. I love the light on the first heron image, but I think it could use a bit more room on the bottom.

1 Like

Nice series Allen. Great to get such good looks in such a short period of time. Nice to get the always elusive kingfisher! I like the craggly perch and backside view. The other images are really fine also.

1 Like

Awesome set of images Allen. My favorite is the kingfisher but I love mergansers too. I generally am not keen on large perches but I very much like the perch the kingfisher is sitting on. Mostly though, I love that head turn and the inquisitive look. The background is nicely blurred. I might be inclined to burn the brightest portion of the perch where it exits the frame on the left just because it catches the eye a little bit.
Nice grab of the sandpiper too. Thanks for sharing these. What a great day.

1 Like