Snow Day

This is what a snowstorm in the Pacific Northwest looks like and it pretty much shuts down everything…
The Anna Hummingbirds in the yard get pretty tame in the cold.

1/320, 600mm (300 w/ 2x) f7.1, iso1600
Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent, Dan. We’ve had one hanging around a feeder just the last week or two. It’s pretty skittish, so I haven’t tried to photograph it since the snow hit.

This has very good detail and I like that perch a lot.

Excellent. We’ve had one hanging around all winter even in -8 degrees. Hope it is well sheltered today since very high winds and lots of snow and cold.

Very nice detail and color on this hummingbird, Dan! The over exposed snow on the branch is a bit distracting but the exposure on the bird is excellent and makes up for it. Looks like it’s using the available energy for heating rather than flying!

Love the perch, and the bird looks great. The bright OOF background limbs are a little overpowering for me. Wish we had these guys!

Great bird and perch. The snow on the perch add a lot, and the lighting is great. As much as I like the snow on the perch, it is a little distracting in the background, but I cannot think of what you could have done different. Anyway, I’d be more than happy with such a shot :slight_smile: ! Cheers, Hans

Wonderful shot! Just superb detail color and pose with the snow in the background and on the perch. I just got my power back about an hour ago after having lost it for several days. Currently snowing pretty hard here in Olympia with more accumulation expected.