Snow Roses - Dormant simplicity in contrast and color

This is an oldie that I just revisited. It speaks of beauty in simplicity to me.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Lumix DMC-LX100, 23mm, f5.6, 1/100 second, ISO 200

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ā€˜igā€™ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

HI Larry, Iā€™m just a little confused about the tag ā€œblack and whiteā€?? Am i missing something? I do quite enjoy the red berries surveying the snow. For me, it is a wonderful, boarding on abstract, photo. Lovely photo.

Linda, Thanks for your visit and comment. I donā€™t have a clue how I got that black and white tag on the image. Must have been a slip of the trackpad. Am I able to remove it now? Thanks again. Larry

I really like the energy in this, with the way the stems spray out from a center point, and then those pops of red from the rose hips. The snow seems a bit lacking in detail (thereā€™s some around the bottom of the stems), but perhaps there wasnā€™t that much there. I can appreciate the difficulty in getting detail in snow at an angle like this. Lovely photo.

Very effective abstract style of composition, Larry. The berries pop nicely against the white ground, though I agree with Bonnie that, if possible, a little texture there would have been good. Lovely image whatever.

Bonnie, Thanks for viewing and commenting on this image. I agree that the snow has blown out highlights and, like you, would prefer to see more texture. I appreciate your bringing it to my attention. Larry

Thanks, Ian, for looking at and commenting on my image. Yes, @Bonnie_Lampley is correct about the background detail. Larry

This may be an oldie but it is still an image with great impact and design. To me it looks like a snow scene with the branches reaching out of the snow. The red berries stand out nicely and the flow of the branches are accentuated by the buds on the end that resemble a birdā€™s head with its beek in various positions. Obviously I love this image.

Thanks, Patricia. Larry

Larry: A wonderful graphic image that IMO doesnā€™t need the snow texture. Well seen and very nicely composed and exposed. >=))>

An excellent simple image which could be a painted table from an old masterā€¦ Very attracting and harmoniousā€¦

Thanks, Antonello. I appreciate your viewing and commenting on this image. Larry

Bill, Thanks for weighing in on this image. I appreciate your views. Larry

What a splendid graphic design and excellent composition with the elements running away towards the four angles. I love it.

Thanks. I appreciate your viewing this image and commenting.