The winter designs a rose

Cole Thompson with its inspiring B&W images pushed me to try undressing a rose of its colors.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Suggestions for a B&W conversion of a flower?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Do you miss the colors?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

D850, Nikkor 200mm macro - 1/60, f/16, ISO 400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Beautiful. I don’t miss the colors. The beads of moisture and the lines all make for a compelling, textured image. Very nicely done!

The b & W conversion elevates this to the next level. Great lines, textures and tonal range. The rain drops are the icing on the cake.

This is absolutely lovely Giuseppe. The detail in the flower and water droplets are exquisite. Thank you for sharing and posting it.

beautifully done!!! good to see you back… stay well… larry

Wow, wow, wow! What a nice B&W of this rose, Gigi. Wonderful details in both the rose and the drops. :+1: :+1:

Gigi: Just a superbly crafted image of a wonderful subject. Terrific portrait. >=))>

Gigi,

What the removal of the colors as done is reveal the beauty of the dew drops. Outstanding job with this one both artistically and technically.

The only suggestion I have would be to take this all the way to square and crop some - maybe even just some off the left? Not a big deal though

Lon

Un other good advise Lon.

Gigi
Superbly done! I don’t miss the colors on this at all. Great conversion and the rose and the water droplets are tack sharp. A real winner!

Well done! Love the textures and the drops!

This is stunning! I think the square crop works really well.