The queen is wet

It rained all the night and at dawn the rose was completely wet. It was still raining when I took the photo.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Is it too dark?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Is it too dark?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D800E, Nikkor 200mm macro, 1/90, f/11, ISO 250. Two shoots merged manually in the levels for the DOF

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Gigi, you have set an exceptionally high standard for your (and our ! ) images.
Most are exquisite, superb, and truly extraordinary.
Having said that, this one seems, by comparison, a little flat and dull. Doesn’t “POP” for me like almost all of your other images do.
Still a nice image
Sandy

Idon’t think it’s too dark, Gigi. I like the feel of it. I do find the faintly visible sepal on the left distracting.

Pure elegant presentation. The dew drops set it to a new level.

We are so used to your high key images or backlit gems that seeing a black background is not perceived as your style. That does not mean that it isn’t well done, just different. Nicely done.

Gigi: Works for me but I do agree with Dennis regarding the dark sepals. The light on the rose center is superb.>=))>

Gigi
This is extremely striking and very well done.
My only nit is the green leaf at the bottom. I would get rid of it. I don’t think it adds .

Always stylish, Gigi, whatever the BG and lighting. I do agree that removing the green sepal on the LHS of the rose would add a bit more pizzazz.