Snowy Egret on the Rocks

I usually see this species wading through shallow water, but I enjoyed watching this one’s stalking and hunting techniques along the jetty during the low tide and early twilight.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comment welcome. I darkened the rocks a bit in LR and worked on the decreasing the highlights of the feathers.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D7100, Nikor200-500mm @240, f5.6, 1/1000s ISO 2500

Hi Stephen, very interesting hunting behavior you have captured. The elegance of the snowy against the rocks makes for an intriguing image. Good job on the exposure of the white bird against a dark background. Well done.

Nice series with respect to behavior. Good job on the exposure though I think it could come up a bit especially on the first image which I like the most.

Well done on a really nice series. They all have really nice poses. The second is a really unique pose. I agree first image whites could be brightened up a bit. Nice compositions as well.

All three are really nice images, Stephen. I’m particularly fond of the angle of light on the second and the way it models the plumage, but all have interesting poses and the whites have plenty of detail.

Thank you for the input and comments, much appreciated, @Allen_Sparks @Dennis_Plank @David_Schoen @David_Leroy. Hope to find some other species working these rocks . This one seemed to tolerate me pretty much.