Some Like It Hot

Sony A77II, Watercolor Mode
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f16
It has been blazing hot around here for several weeks and our garden is holding up but certainly not thriving. I visited the Mercer Arboretum Saturday and spent a lot of time in the tropical section. These Cannas seem to like the heat. I shot this straight but actually preferred the watercolor version and then I added a canvas texture filter in PS. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Bill
This is gorgeous. I like the filters you used for this image. What a striking flower!

Great shot Bill. I like the bright orange against the contrasting background. I notice the image has the look of canvass painting. Is that what you intend, why?

Larry: Just for the fun of it and to present a more “artistic” view. I don’t do a lot of creative filter use but when it’s too hot to go out and shoot I’ll stay indoors and play on the computer.

1 Like

Bill, the added texture works very well here, creating a look similar to a rough canvas painting (or print).

I iust love the complimentary colors in this Bill. I also love the texture that you added and the reasoning behind it! LOL Very much like a painting. Looks to be holding up to the heat just fine. Well done Bill.