Some Like It Hot

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

It has been really hot in our part of the world for several weeks but our succulents don’t seem to mind. We actually got a nice little thunderstorm yesterday and this morning there was some dew enhancing things. Of course this might be sweat as it’s already 85 and rising at 8:30 in the morning.

Specific Feedback

This is an 11 shot stack so all comments and suggestions in that area most welcome.

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-200 f2.8 GM @ 163mm, 16mm XT
ISO 400, 1/60 @ f8 11 shot stack in PS

Beautiful, with the water droplets being icing on the cake! The stack looks great and I love the simple BG. Succulents and cacti are amazing survivors.

I’ll bet it’s also about 85% humidity. Getting some rain is a double-edged sword in that climate.

This is beautiful, Bill. Those “drops of sweat” or rain is a nice addition. Love the mix of colors and shapes. There is one little think in the very bottom right that keeps pulling my eye away (now that I see it anyway) that maybe you can remove somehow. Then send it to print and have it framed!

Hi Bill,
wow, that looks absolutely fantastic. I really love the beautiful colors and the composition.
There are so many nice details.

I agree with @Shirley_Freeman about the small distraction in the LRC.

1 Like