Some times breakfast is hard to control

This year the back bay in Essex, Ct had very sew birds gadding for the fall migration. This Egret was one of the few that stayed around through September.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, f10, 700mm, -1EV, 1/2000, ISO 640. The shot was taken on Sept. 13, at 10:20 AM and was cropped by 45%. I also adjusted the exposure, highlights and vibrancy in DXO Photo Lab. 4.

WOW! What a catch. The fish is floating inside the beak. That is so cool. That’s an awesome image, Peter. I could wish for a bit more room on the bottom, but that’s not a deal breaker. I was told once by some pro that we should leave room on the bottom for the birds feet, even if they’re in the water and can’t be seen. Not sure if that’s all that important, but I do try to do that myself…

The action you caught is incredible, sir.

Cheers,
David

A decisive moment for sure! I agree about more room at the bottom and a little less on top, to allow focus on the poor fish.

Maybe tone down whites a bit?

Always love it when the fish is mid-air between the opened bill. Great timing ! Agree with David that a bit of room at the bottom would make the image even stronger, and to my eye it could be turned just a tiny bit counter-clockwise. Other than that a fine image ! Cheers, Hans

Hi David, Diane & Hans
Thank you for the comments, here is a repost and as always it is helpful to have fresh look at a photograph to help me improve the shot.
Peter

1 Like

Great action here Peter - well captured - right between! And yes, it does make more sense to have those “imaginary” feet. BTW, does the white look a bit over exposed ?