Waiting on breakfast

This photograph was taken in back of Rocky Heck State Park, Ct. on July 19, at 9:09 AM. This Egret watch the incoming tide for the better part of hour.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 1/1600, 700mm, -1EV, ISO 320, the shot is cropped by 30%.

1 Like

Superb detail in the white plumage, Peter. I like your angle and the slightly looking away pose that feels more natural than staring at the photographer. An excellent image.

Wonderful image, composition, and colors, Peter. You’ve handled the whites pretty well too. Nice!

What they said!! Excellent! It’s amazing how much patience they have.

outstanding!!! comp and detail are superb.

Hi Dennis, David B., Diane, Kris & David S.
Thank you for your kind comments. Given the right light and add a little wind, Egret do cleanup nicely.
Peter

Nice capture, Peter! Good job with the exposure (lots of texture & detail in the bright white feathers). A simple & classic composition that works perfectly for this scene. Well done!

I like the composition and how the egret stands out so nicely from the blue of the water. And, well done with the detail in the white feathers.

Peter,

This one stands out as a favorite of mine–excellent contrast with detailed whites. Furthermore, I like the comp with lots of negative space. A very contemporary view of the snowy egret. Awesome job…Jim

Hi Cary, Allen & Jim
Thank you for your kind words, some times every thing all into place.
Peter