South Texas Blizzard

Our snow drops are coming in nicely and I caught this bunch after a shower yesterday morning.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Might have tried a stack but the wind was way too strong and me way too unskilled. Had to take a bunch of high speed frames to get one without motion blur and with the sharpness where I wanted it. Is the leaf coming in from the RLC distracting?

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-400 G @ 400mm + Kenko 1.4xTC
ISO 400, 1/200 @ f16

1 Like

Lovely image, Bill! I really like how the light and shadows are hitting on the flowers. I love snowdrops, they are such delicate looking little flowers. The leaf doesn’t bother me but I’m no expert on distractions.

Bill, I think you did a fine job in the wind to capture this. I like that you have groups of 3, and that the lighting on the upper three seems brighter. I am wondering if you darkened the leaf in the LRC a bit (it seems to be the brightest leaf in the image) would help a little. Overall a very pleasing image to me with the lines going diagonally across the image. Very nice.

Just gorgeous, Bill. Not only a great composition with all those diagonal line, but the detail in the flowers and those tiny little water droplets is outstanding. Great shot.

Terrific light and bonus raindrops. The diagonals work quite well here. I don’t mind the leaf in the LRC, but the ones in the URC are a bit bright and I might have tried bending them out of the way for this shot - you could try pulling down the exposure and whites there to see how it looks. Arrrgh the wind! As soon as I put a macro lens on and point it at flowers, a monsoon comes up!

1 Like