Sphinx Moth

Here is another view of the Sphinx moth I saw last summer.

Canon 7D2, 70-200mm F2.8 IS II, 1.4x TC III
ISO 640, f5.6, 1/5000s, hand held

Any comments appreciated.

ig:
@allensparks.wildlife

2 Likes

Ah, this is so nice! Perfectly seen and imaged. The framing is great, the flight is frozen in time and the picture beautiful. Great image! I love those little six-legged hummingbirds…
(it is also great the small “wasplet” (?) in the flower…

Wow, Allen, this is really nice. Perfect timing, stop action shot, with both flower and moth (plus another little critter on the flower) tack sharp. The moth is placed perfectly in the frame, as well as the flower. The background is so smooth, that all attention is drawn to the subject. I just don’t think it can get any better than this. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Stunning shot! I really don’t have any suggestions, this is a terrific shot as is. These are not easy to capture add they are always flitting from flower to flower. I bet a lot of work went into this shot behind the scenes.

Allen: Awesome flight shot with perfect timing and placement. I’m curious about how much of a crop this is and what your working distance was. Great job of using the technological capabilities of your camera and lens to their utmost. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks for the comments everyone!

@Bill_Fach I’d guess I was about 5-6 feet away from the moth when I took this. Final version was about 60% of original.

1 Like

Allen, a great shot, with the flower, the sphinx moth and the Silphid fly (or Hover fly) nice and sharp against a clean complementary background.