Spotted Towhee in a Tree & Repost

A frequent visitor.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

No sharpening, clarity adjustments, dehazing. Processed in DxO Photo Lab for the bird and Topaz De Noise AI for the background. Minor debris cloning. That’s it…

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1250, 100-400 at 400, f9, 2500th, handheld, no flash, no extender, 45% full frame (26 out of 61 MP) A7R4

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

He is just a beautiful bird, David. Love his colors/markings. That eye those, which match his orange feathers, is really a delight. The perch is nice, and the smooth oof background just makes him pop. Great details in the bird and perch. Very nice image.

1 Like

Nice detail, color, and position. Good work getting a towhee on a branch in the open like this.

Love the detail especially the growth on the perch. Perfect side view with great colors.
Wayne

Very nice David. Subject is a beauty and the eye is awesome. Nice detail and an interesting perch. Well done.

Thanks for the comments. I looked at this a little more closely and decided the black plumage could be a little richer and darker. When doing this with just the black slider, it introduced some chromatic aberration in the whites and a little bit of the blue cast. So I adjusted it appropriately by using the desaturation brush over the white plumage. Does anyone notice the difference?

David, just when I didn’t think there was room for improvement, you improved it! I have learned something from you today, that is for sure. I will try to remember that. Very nice improvement.

Very nice, David. I like what your repost did to the blacks and the red in the eye. For my taste it seems to have overdone the russet sides-not sure why, Excellent image.