Spray

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 100mm, 0.3 @ f13, ISO 200; vignette added.

A gerbera side-on - a shot from some 10 years ago.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Very artistic image. Excellent composition and enough detail and color to allow recognition of the subject. Love it.

Ian, it’s just beautiful. Especially the making !!

Love this Ian. Very creative take on the Gerbera!

Ian, this is a very nice look at this Gerber from the side. Love the way you fade it to white on the stem. Very creative.

Wow! I absolutely love everything about this photo Ian!

Really gorgeous! Great placement of sharp and soft areas. Lovely textures and lines. Personally, I would like to see a little bit more room on top.

Beautiful job on this, Ian. I love the semi-transparent feel I get from the image. I do think I agree with Chris about a bit more room on top.

It doesn’t show its age Ian! I love this original, creative image. Beautiful light and dreamy photo.

Very nice and ethereal image. The flower is suspended in nothingness. Very effective and pleasant, wonderful use of the high key. I love the desaturated greens and the strong red…

Thank you @Patricia_Brundage, @Antonello_Provenzale, @Shirley_Freeman, @Ben_van_der_Sande, @Dennis_Plank, @Kathy_Snead, @Giuseppe_Guadagno, @Chris_Baird, @Carol_Nichols for all your kind comments.

And thanks so much for the Pick.