Spring Color

Description:

Here is another of my favorite 2020 images. I went out looking for some early spring color in a location I had visited before and was rewarded with this scene. The soft lighting along with a slight drizzle helped bring the lush colors of the budding spring leaves. The image has a soft delicate mood which I found very inviting.

Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 200mm, f20 @ 1/13 sec, ISO 400, CPL, MLU, cable release & tripod

Specific Feedback Requested:

I am pleased with the image, but any C&C is welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite?
No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I really like this Ed! I has a pleasant Fall mood lots of detail. The large version is particularly nice as it really has a sense of presence and depth.

“(S)oft, delicate mood” is right on the mark. I like this a lot. Is there a waterfall in mid background?

Ed, the delicate colors in the Maples contrast well with the tree trunks. There is an overall gentleness from the soft light, the colors and the depth. Well seen.

I’d be pleased with this one as well, Ed. It feels like the essence of a gentle spring day. Beautiful.

You gotta love fresh budding leaves in Spring after a long winter of bare branches. This certainly captures the essence of that feeling. It’s tack sharp too. Incredible detail in this shot. Nicely seen. Looks painterly to me.

I could watch this image for a long time and find new aspects to enjoy. The bright yellow leaf area attracts the eye, and then releases it to explore the other tones, and the line of trees from LLC to the center encourages the eye to look deeper into the woods. Love it!

Beautiful, Ed. It has a bit of an Eliot Porter look to it.

Many thaanks to @Gary_Minish, @Jim_Gavin, @Mark_Seaver, @Dennis_Plank, @David_Haynes, @Dick_Knudson and @Harley_Goldman for your thoughts. I am glad everyone enjoyed the image as much as I did. I went out early in the year specically to catch some spring color after viewing @Ed_McGuirk’s beautiful spring imagery.
@Jim_Gavin: there is no waterfall in the BG. I think that was just a lighter toned tree trunk. I may try to do a little cloning on that area.