Storm clouds 1

As I get older I find I’m taking fewer dangerous risks, especially dumb ones. At some point I made a promise to not pull over the shoulder of a busy Interstate Highway to get that one, perfect photo! Ya know?! So as I was driving on I-89N this amazing storm builds all around me. The is no exit for another 15 miles. I’m tempted but drive on knowing there is too much traffic to pull over in the breakdown lane safely. The plus side was I just got to thrill at this powerful, dynamic storm. When I reached the next exit, I pulled into a park & ride and, voila, the clouds were still amazing and the view of them over the mountains powerful. And, I did not get run over!

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Pentax, 1/800, f/6.7, 70mm, ISO400, with minor adjustments in tone curve in LR

stilllearningtosee
3 Likes

Oh, that is just incredible, John. Great story too. Awesome!

Impressive cloud formations. Good timing and story.

Pretty cool shot John and glad you lived to show us. Would have worked in last week’s WC too! The unusual cloud formations are the main attraction here, with the various shapes and hues to explore. Nicely captured!

Incredible cloud formations. You’ve captured the drama well. Glad you didn’t pull over on the highway.

Incredible, indeed!! Glad you got the image safely!

John: One thing I love about images with great atmospherics is that they can never be duplicated. This is a terrific capture of a unique and marvelous moment. Many kudos. :+1: :+1:>=))>

John, this is an incredible set of clouds. The bit in the center at the top sure looks like a rotating funnel…just not down to the ground. All of the “flying” bits below just add to the drama.