Storm Sentinels

A 2 day snow, cloudy day, 2 more snow days storm in fall of 2017 left Montana’s Paradise Valley loaded with at least a foot of fresh snow. Here’s a look at 4 fir trees in my yard as the storm started to break, with enough sun to cause the still falling snow to sparkle and the trees to case decent shadows.

5D3, 24-105 F4 IS II @ 50 mm, 1/1250 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod

A nice, simple look at winter. Very enjoyable.

Very nice Mark, that is a whole lot of bright white but you handled the exposure well. Lots of good stuff to see in the large version. :sunglasses:

Mark, a nice peaceful scene and “very” well captured with the strong back lighting and the glaring snow here. The 4 evergreens all look healthy and holding their own against the harsh weather too…:+1:

Nice composition. This would make a wonderful Christmas card to send to your friends. Season’s Greetings.

Very nice post snow storm scene, Mark! Lots of snow for the challenge. The large version is particularly nice as it has a lot of presence and you can see details in the background.

Although this looks cold it still has an inviting feel to it, Mark. The whites look really good and I like those sparkling snowflakes around the image. My only suggestion might be just a little crop from the left side, but certainly not a big deal because this is lovely as is.