Struttin' His Stuff

Disguise Artist

I’m Eyeing You

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Spotted this guy perched on a sprinkler head and enjoyed his display. A few hours later he was back but in a very different guise. He posed very nicely and then jumped down and headed to his favorite spot in one of our redbud trees. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-200 f2.8 GM-II @ 194 mm
ISO 1600, 1/1000 @ f5.6

I hope he’s not on top when the sprinkler goes off, Bill. Are you absolutely sure those are all the same critter? Amazing change.

Also very nicely photographed.

Dennis: I’m pretty sure it’s the same guy. If you look at the second image the end of his tail is still brown. They are not true chameleons but I’ve actually watched them transition from one stage to another in a matter of minutes.

Thanks, Bill. Interesting transformation.

Very nice shots and interesting information. I believe this is a green anole. I’ve seen them in Hawaii. They can, as you demonstrate quite beautifully, from green to brown very quickly. The green anoles are native to the united states.

I think the red flag means : “Don’t turn on the sprinkler”. I guess it remains red when the rest of the animal turns to green, or maybe that would be too ambiguous. Cool observations, Bill, and fascinating shots.

Bill, the color changes are surprising and fun, but it this showing off pose that really stands out. Now all you have to do is use generative AI on the sprinkler head… :wink: