Struttin . . - SCBG #1

. . His Stuff
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400GII @ 330mm
ISO 200, 1/40 @ f11
I’ve been travelling over the past couple of weeks and have been away from the gallery. Pretty spectacular stuff being posted. Part of our trip was a visit with one of our sons who lives in Redondo Beach. We went with him and one of our granddaughters to the South Coast Botanical Gardens. What a fantastic place. I spotted this pristine Bird of Paradise with a deep shade BG and just could not pass up the opportunity even though we grow BoP ourselves. More to come from this magical venue and its good to be back. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

Welcome back, Bill. You were missed. Glad that you were able to visit a Botanical Garden. This is a great capture of a Bird of Paradise. That shaded black background really makes the colors of this B of P stand out so nicely. I only had the privilege of photographing one once in HI, but I must say I didn’t come away with anything like this. Great shot.

I didn’t know anyone was still traveling, Bill, but welcome back. This is a very fine interpretation of this unique and beautiful flower. Perfect angle to show it off and excellent lighting.

A striking image! lovely, well lit flower with all of it in focus and a dark background! Well composed with the stem leading to the flower. great capture!

Geez Bill. Can’t image any better photo of this Bird of Paradise. Truly wonderful, perfectly orchestrated photo. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Striking image Bill. I agree with Linda that I haven’t seen a better photo of the Bird of Paradise. Welcome back… your comments have been missed.